Sunday, October 5, 2008

World War II Propaganda

Here's one with an illustration of Hitler leading the charge. I think this poster probably worked well because it displays Hitler as fearless, and leading from the frontline. 
I'm confused about this one. Well, I obviously cannot read German, but the message doesn't seem very clear in the illustration. The solider looks confused.

Here's one displaying the enemy as some kind of a hellish looking beast. Hrmmm... I think we've seen this before. There's a poster we looked at in class of a snake with arrows in it from WWI. This one is more clear, but the message is the exact same. 

This one actually reminds me of an artist we studied last semester in World Arts and Ideas II. His name started with an "A". He always signed his work with his initials. This poster has a heroic feel to it, but I don't understand how Germans in the 30s and 40s could relate to this image. Maybe in the Dark Ages...

Typical of Nazi propaganda. A rather bleak illustration with an ominous feel to it. As we were talking about in class, I don't think general public could really identify with this one either. 

- Jason

No comments: